Wednesday, December 11, 2013

All clear... no worries for 3 more months.

I'm in Houston for my 3 month checkup. I got bloodwork, CT scans of chest/abdomen/pelvis, and a brain MRI. All clear! I am still NED (no evidence of disease). I actually didn't feel too nervous headed into it. Just trying to take things in stride. I believe in God's power to heal. I believe in the power of the priesthood... I am also pointedly at peace with the will of my loving Father in Heaven in this process. 

Backtracking a little bit, cause it's been too long since I've posted. I finished my third treatment of biochemo. That last one really kicked my butt! I got a lot sicker on that one and didn't bounce back as quickly as the first two times. For about the last 1-1.5 months, life has been about getting back to normal and to routines. Family is doing great. We are enjoying the time together and Squeeze prays that she is grateful dad's cancer is gone just about every time she prays. Such a sweet girl. 

The doctor said I have about a 40% chance of it not coming back, so 60% chance of it coming back. I'm a little unclear on whether that is survivorship odds or just coming back odds... percentages are a funny thing. Either I'm going to live or not... My job is to make sure whatever life I do have is wonderful and has the right focus and service and love. 

The plan moving forward is that I have to be checked every 3 months for a couple years. With this one being clear, the doctor said that they are going to move MRI's to every year (unless I get headaches). I will just do bloodwork and CT scans and checkups here in Texas every 3 months. 

We just went to see Grandpa Cummings in Cedar City last weekend. The weather was awful! but the kids loved the snow and to play with his family. So grateful for time with loved ones.  





No comments:

Post a Comment